Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Crafty Update 1

When Patrick's busy, I get bored. Then when I get bored, I do ALL the things.




http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com


Why do 1 project when you could do 3? At once. While sick. That's just how I roll.


The easy: curtains.  Totally done. They need to be ironed and hung, but they have beautiful seams and the pattern matches on both patterns. Winner.

                                       

The tables, aka the project I didn't think I was going to have to do. Done-ish. 

                                       


Notice something? Like the ridiculous amount the table sticks out into our breakfast nook? Yep...didn't measure the width. Luckily they are real wood, so I used the jig saw to shave a few inches off each side (tried a skill saw, but it failed), then stained the edges in Rustoleum Kona. One is still drying, but they look great and most importantly, they fit. 


The (slightly) crazy: daybed. 


I mentioned it in my last post, but I really wanted to build this daybed and a weekend at home with dad seemed like the perfect opportunity to knock it out. I forgot that this was a project with my dad. We are the same person as far as OCD is concerned so it may have taken longer than normal. In the hot MS sun. We worked until 11pm Saturday, then finished up with trim Sunday morning. 


         


I'm a tiny bit further than this. It's had the first sanding/putty, but needs another one before painting in antique white. It should be a great addition to our guest room, no more air mattress slumber parties!


So that's the state of craftiness this week.  Hoping to get the curtains up this week and start painting the daybed. The only other crafty project on my horizon (I think), is to sew my niece some new dresses, I can't wait!



2 comments:

  1. I really like how that table turned out. The stain looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They make the room look much more "complete" and the color is a glossy version of the color on the bookshelf.

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS