Monday, July 1, 2013

Bake Me a Cake

Patrick had sinus surgery a few weeks ago, and while I was enjoying a bachelorette party in New Orleans, one of our neighbors brought him a chicken pot pie.  Being the good southern lady that I am, I couldn't return the dish empty, but I completely forgot to buy ingredients every time I went to the grocery.  So last night, as we were waiting on the grill to get hot, I decided I would find a recipe that would work with what I had on hand...and I got pretty close! May I present:
 
 

Ingredients

  • 1 stick butter, room temperature
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the sour cream and mix until incorporated. Sift the baking soda and flour together. Add to the creamed mixture alternating with eggs, beating in each egg 1 at a time. Add vanilla.
Pour the mixture into a greased pan. Bake for 40 minutes to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.


Super simple and delicious.  Ours were in tiny Bundt pans which have about 4 servings each, Patrick's already asked me to make it again, only with strawberries on top.

Do you have a favorite pound cake recipe?

6 comments:

  1. OH man, I have all the ingredients to make this... I'm thinking I should!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to give away the third one to get rid of temptation!

      Delete
  2. That sounds DELICIOUS! And I love that you returned the dish with someone else in it... I actually haven't been the greatest hospitable southerner then lol. Thanks for sharing, can't wait to try! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I usually just bake chocolate chip cookies or brownies, but this definitely won for presentation and taste.

      Delete
  3. Love that you returned the dish with another treat inside it! So thoughtful!

    I will have to try this recipe!

    Thanks for sharing with MSWB! We love hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS