Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Some Fun Questions

A few days ago, Jenny from Crumbs Under the Table nominated little ol' me for a Liebster.
It is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers, 
as a great way to get to know you a little better.

So here are the rules: 
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me. 
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers. 
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator. 
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees. 
6. Contact your nominees by commenting on their blog or sending them an email to communicate the nomination. 

My questions from Jenny:

1. Would you rather live in the city or the country?
    Can go with the "other" option?  I'm a fan of the 'burbs, but if I had to pick, I'd probably vote city.  Loved living in NoLA!

2. What is something that happened in the last seven days that you will remember in seven years?
     Ben and Jamey's wedding.  Complete with Kool-Aid getting fired during the rehearsal.


3. Surf or turf? 
Always turf.

4. Why did you start blogging?
It started with a different blog (eons ago) when we were living in Arizona, as an easy way to keep up with family and friends.

5. If you were stranded on a desert island, what is the one object you would like to have with you?
Shampoo.  I hate the feeling of sandy saltwater hair once I'm done at the beach.

6. Do you love or hate Facebook? 
Good one.  Personally love it, but part of my career is social media related....which makes me hate it.  

7. What kind(s) of music do you like?
Rock/pop/folk.  Lately I've been jamming out to Matchbox20, Robin Thicke and Mumford and Sons.

8. If you had it to do over again, would you take the same career path? 
Depends on the day. 80% of the time I'm happy in my field (fundraising), but it's a niche market, so moving can be challenging and it's very high stress.

9. What is your favorite place you have ever been?
Montezuma, Costa Rica.  I interned/went to school in Costa Rica for a summer and Montezuma was my favorite weekend trip.  So relaxing, best mango daiquiris, beautiful beaches.

10. What is the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you (that you can talk about publicly)?
After I got back from Costa Rica, my then boyfriend (now husband) thought it would be funny to stick a car key in my ear, to which I replied, "what the hell Patrick f'ing Shepard?" In front of my family. That had never heard me curse (nor have they heard it since then).

11. Do you like to watch sports, and if so, which ones  and which teams?
College Football....Mississippi State

Now for the randoms....
1. Last year, I got to see Joshua Bell perform Vivaldi in Audubon Park. It was my absolute favorite live  performance.
2. I've never been north of DC (in the good ol' USA).
3. I'm on my 3rd (maybe 4th) passport at 28.
4. I've been to 20+ countries, 4 continents (Asia, Africa, Europe, North America)
5. I've lost 30 pounds this year!
6. My dog is named after Oliver Cromwell.  He's a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. We're history nerds.
7. I grew up on a farm, with horses, cows and goats.
8. I hate goat cheese because of said goats.
9.  I have a degree in Spanish, but can only speak it if I'm tipsy.
10. I sew on the side as a stress reliever.  My niece is the biggest beneficiary of this hobby.
11. The Shepards are both big readers. We've started a library for our future children and read 100s of books a year.

My five friends:

Cassie @ Second Chances
Samantha @ She Runs in Pearls

Questions for these ladies:
1. Did you ever want to change your name? To what?
2. Dream vacation spot?
3. What is your least favorite food?
4. If you could meet someone famous for dinner (dead or alive) who would it be?
5. Favorite book character?
6. Winter or Summer?
7. What's your perfect date night?
8. Dog or Cat?
9. If you could have a shopping spree anywhere, what store would you choose?
10. What career did you want as a child?
11. Is your hometown famous for anything?




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS