Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tailgating Tuesday: Planning

 
For the next few weeks, I'm going to share the best part of a fall to me: TAILGATING!  It's the perfect way to get ready for the big event of the day (or night) and crucial to our social circle.
 
Want to tell me about how you tailgate? Email me here if you'd like to guest post!
 
The first and probably most important is proper planning.
 
What exactly do you need and how can you work with your group to make sure
no one person is doing too much?
 
 
We've been doing this for a few years, so our group takes up a "fee" at the beginning of the year to pay for any group purchases, like generators, satellite, or televisions.  We also determine where everything will be stored, like tents, chairs, and grill equipment. With about 20 people on a small weekend, we need four tents, three 8 foot tables, and a grill.  Most people bring their own chair.
 
For each game, we send an email about a week beforehand so that people can sign up for different needs.  I normally take a dessert, while my in-laws that make a longer drive bring chips and dip.  This way everyone is in the know and we don't end up with tons of baked beans, but no burgers.
 
Next week, I'll share some of my favorite recipes for tailgate desserts!
 
 
What do you do to plan your tailgate?
 


3 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this series so I can get some really good tailgating recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I love me a good tailgate! I can't wait to see what you share and borrow some ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tailgating! I believe, I usually crash yalls with Casey! I am trying out a new recipe today for a pig roast, if it is a hit, it will make it's appearance Sept 7!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS