Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tailgating Tuesday: Bourbon Balls

Wahoo! My first REAL Tailgating Tuesday post that people will care about!  It's time for my FAMOUS Bourbon Ball Recipe.  I'm forced to bring these to every single football game, and really, I don't mind.  It's an easy recipe, and all of our friends love them.


1 c. crumbled vanilla wafers
1 c. chopped pecans (optional)
1 c. confectioners sugar
2 tbsps. cocoa
1 1/2 tbsps. light Karo syrup
1/4 c. bourbon (We use Maker's Mark.)
extra confectioners sugar
 
Start by chopping your pecans and crumbling the vanilla wafers.  Wafers should be uniform in size, and a sandy texture.
 
Mix pecans, vanilla wafers, confectioners sugar, and cocoa in a large bowl. Whisk bourbon and Karo syrup in a separate bowl. After that, add the wet mixture to the dry.
 
If it isn't wet enough, add a little more bourbon, I almost always have to.  At this point, you start rolling them into little balls about the size of a gumball.  
After rolling each ball, coat it in more confectioners sugar.  I lay them out on a cookie sheet before storing in a plastic bag. 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. These sound good. We'll have to try them out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wonder how you made these! So yummy.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS